Lambton Mills before the fire.
Before the overpass was built spanning the Humber River, Dundas Street wound down the valley to a small village called Lambton Mills as seen in the map above.
The only building to remain is the Lambton House, built in 1847.
The village was wiped out by a devastating fire in 1915.
The footings of the old bridge destroyed by Hurricane Hazel are still visible at the end of the road.