Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lost Hamilton/ Mills China

Vanished Hamilton tells us Mills China had a worldwide reputation. In February, 1934, when the mother of U.S. president F.D. Roosevelt came to town, she visited Mills to buy china for the White House.
Generations later, the demand for fine china waned. The store closed on Jan. 9, 1985.

Old Parkdale House

Although in need of repair, this old house on Fuller has some interesting period details.

The old kitchen shelves.
Enameled sink with tiled counter and back splash.

Tri-colour asbestos floor tiles.
Some more vinyl flooring.